Sweet Potato Powder Choc Cupcakes
Sweet Potato Powder Cupcakes
Sweet Potatoes have long been a staple carb source for athletes and bodybuilders, but have you ever thought about using it as a substitute for flour?
Our Organic Sweet Potato Powder allows you to harness all the goodness of the natural spud, but in a simple hassle-free format; no pealing, cooking or mashing required!
It stacks up with many benefits including being gluten free, low GI and a good source of vitamins and fibre, most of which a highly processed flour does not have.
This recipe is easy to follow and can be done with only 2 bowls. The only step that contains a bit of extra work is the egg white which needs to be whipped until a stiff peak is achieved and then folded into the remainder of the batter before diving into the cupcakes. We recommend using silicone cupcake moulds for less waste and ease of removal when you have finished baking them.
Prep time: 10-12 min
Cook time: 15-18 min
Yields 8-9 cupcakes
60g Bulk Powders Sweet Potato Powder
30g Bulk Powders Chocolate WPI
10g Bulk Powders Cocoa Powder
1/2 tin (120g) butter beans
1 large egg
1 egg white
150ml unsweetened almond milk
1 tspn baking powder
Bulk Powders Vanilla Stevia for taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and place your silicone cupcake moulds into a muffin tray.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the egg white into a food processor/blender and combine until a thick consistency is achieved.
3. Allow your egg white to reach room temperature and then whisk/beat until it forms a stiff peak (should take a 60-90 seconds)
4. Using a wooden spoon or spatula gently fold the egg white into the remainder of the mixture and then spoon into the cupcake moulds.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tray on a wire rack.
6. Grab your phone and snap a selfie of you with your marvellous creation and share it with us @bulkpowdersau on instagram.
Macronutrient Profile per 100g
Calories – 134 calories
Protein – 11g
Carbs – 16g (1.1g sugar, 2.6g fibre)
Fats – 2.6g